Sunday, March 6, 2011

Well, that's it. Noting to do now, but wait....


Its a little like Christams morning around here today. You know, the part of the late night / early morning where you have set out the presents for the kids, but they are still sleeping and have no idea what's about to happen.
Everything is wrapped up, and ready to go, you've done the best you can, and hopefully you got everything on the shopping list that everyone wanted.  All that remains now is for the kids to wake up, rush downstairs and tear open thier packages. 

The trailer is DONE.  Has been since friday afternoon.  Its uploaded and ready to be viewed.  Although a select few friends and family have had the opportunity to view it early over this weekend, Tomorrow  (monday 3.7.2011) everyone gets to get in on the fun.  

Roughly 5 months ago, I made the decision to try to change things -hopefully for the better- on television. To try to provide something that, frankly, doesnt suck.  6 weeks ago I traveled to Portland, and for a week worked my ass off with my director of photography and co-producer, Travis Haight to shoot this thing, and get it right. 

a month or so of editing, with the exception of a couple small hickups, (that if you have been keeing up on my notes and posts you already know the story of)... and wham-o! I have someting you guys can watch. 

Now, lets take a moment to discuss what you are about to see..........................

First and foremost, what you see isnt "exactly" what the finished TV show concept is.  I dont want to give away what I think is a million dollar idea to someone who has deeper pockets and a faster track to a network, thus beating me out of my own show. So what you will see is not really what ultimately, Im going to provide.  It should, however, be close enough to at least get your interest. 

Nevertheless once I started editing, the challenge became, how do you show people what you got without giving the show away. Hopefully, I have provided that with the teaser. 
I think there is enough "meat" there to get a good idea of what Ive been up too, without me givin' away all my tricks. 

One things for sure, its been a very interesting and intense 5 months.  Im looking forward now, to taking the next steps and actually bringing the show to life, every week, on a network and online, to try to reach as many folks, friends, and fellow kulture freaks as possible. 

My notes will continue here, as the process unfolds and we get news and go forward together, forward to a time when, with luck, when someone mentions "cars" and "tv show" in the same sentence, your immediate reacation isnt one of disgust, or ambivilance. 

Thank you to all my friends, associates and, family... non of this would have been possible with you! 
(ps if it sux, and no one likes it Im totally blaming you guys) HA HA! 

-ps: thanks to dita von teese for taking this picture, and putting on the internet so I can steal it and use it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment